Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager- Tanzania Private Sector Strengthening Activity
Job Id: 12436
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role: The Finance and Administration Manager is a full-time position for an upcoming award being solicited through USAID/Tanzania to increase economic opportunities for youth and to improve the business enabling environment for youth entrepreneurs, youth-led startups, and youth-led businesses, particularly within the agriculture sector. The activity will support private sector associations to strategically develop, strengthen operations, and improve service provision for youth entrepreneurs, startups, and businesses, ultimately facilitating stronger market systems and more resilient, inclusive youth-led enterprises. Building the capacity of private sector associations to advocate for implementation of pro-business and pro-youth policies and to deliver high-quality services needed by youth in the private sector will have broader ripple effects across the Tanzanian private sector, benefiting all businesses and giving them a better chance to grow and thrive. This position will be based in Tanzania and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee and ensure sound management of human resources, financial management, and procurement and grants functions for the project
· Supervise project accounting, procurement, operations, and grants teams
· Oversee HR systems, processes, and documentation according to USAID and Palladium requirements.
· Oversee implementation of all operational systems as per USAID and Palladium requirements
· Ensure accurate tracking and recording of project expenditures and development of all required financial, operational and risk mitigation reports required by the client or Palladium headquarters
· Guide and assist program staff in preparing, revising and monitoring budgets for ongoing activities
· Travel to conduct due diligence, risk management and training as required
· Finance and administration management experience required; USAID or donor project financial management highly desired
· Previous experience preparing project/company financial reports, reconciling project/company bank statements, managing bank accounts, managing and monitoring petty cash, preparing payroll, tracking expenses according to budget, maintaining records to meet tax requirements including payroll, customs and Value Added Tax (V.A.T) taxes
· Previous office and human resource management preferred
· Demonstrated ability to be flexible and respond to emerging opportunities and overcome barriers
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in English