Job title : Female Guide (Field Guide)
COMPANY NAME: ASILIA LODGES AND CAMPS LTD
DEPARTMENT: FIELD OPERATIONS
REPORTING TO: CAMP MANAGER
Asilia lodges and Camps Ltd is looking for a Tanzanian Female Guide who is competent in Guiding with a strong combination of Leadership, Decision-making, personalized hosting skills, Culture and a very good broad knowledge in all Asilia’ s areas of operations including properties and the National Park.
This Job Description is your guide to achieving these objectives by outlining your daily duties & responsibilities. WE BELIEVE IN BETTER!!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a Female Guide your role is to safely guide the guests on multiple game drive days through Northern Tanzania and sharing expert knowledge of fauna and flora during gaming and the different environments, they were seen in to ensure guests have a memorable stay.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Mentor the behavior of the group especially when young children are in it and ensure everyone remains in compliance with the rules.
- Provide solid knowledge on all levels of wildlife, history, Tanzania culture, geology, birds, trees, Plants, and all is touched in the foundation course manual, in all areas of operation and able to share this effectively with guests.
- Awareness of Park Roads networks and alternative road networks and the time it takes to cover distances between certain destinations to another.
- Go beyond call of duty by adhering guiding protocol, National Park rules and Asilia’s code of conduct when visiting Asilia lodges and camps
- Clearly articulately and provide information to guest in an engaging manner.
- Works closely with Camp Manager and Head Guide on reporting any problems and faults with the vehicle as well as keeping tight records regarding fuel usage, vehicle kilometers logbooks and vehicle maintenance books.
- Regular Vehicle check especially after conditions, making sure vehicles is in excellent working condition.
- Actively host guests in all situations and properties as their guide leader over several game drive.
- Taking full hosting responsibilities in gaming drive where possible, available to host dinner as well as pre dinner drinks, discussing the day’s success and planning for the next day activities.
- Carries out regular checks of vehicle first Aid kits and monitors and maintains this standard on each safari.
- Regular vehicle safety checks each day.
- Actively applies when necessary, high level of First Aid skills and knowledge from the advanced training received.
- Actively communicates and promotes Asilia camps and company wildlife and community projects to guests with regular reports of results.
- Actively support and promotes Asilia and shares interesting safari happenings through social media networks.
- Not Less than two years’ experience as a Field Guide or similar role in the hospitality industry
- Must be registered with the Board
- Must be fluent in English (other languages will be added an advantage)
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and Punctual
- Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with efficiency and discretion
- Age limit not more than 35yrs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Hard copy or Hand delivery will not be considered