BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organizations having extensive development programs globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost- effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last four years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania through its COVID 19 response Project is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position
Position (1): PROJECT MANAGER
Job Location: DAR ES SALAAM
- Overall supervision of the COVID 19 response project
- Oversee the COVID 19 response project, grants requirements and expenditures to ensure their alignment with the required standards and norms.
- Coordinate the implementation of the project activities based on the Implementation Plan
- Provide on job trainings to project team
- Conduct training to partner including communities, government officials and duty bearers on child protection and Early Childhood Development (ECD).
- Establish good working relations with project team, government and stakeholders at organization, districts, and regional level.
- Participate and organize project meetings and stakeholder meetings at streets and schools.
- Ensure effective advocacy with local authorities at district and regional level, ensure that they are embedded in program delivery.
- Linking the children and other beneficiaries with available services surrounding them i.e. sign posting.
- Promote and ensure child rights-based programming at field and office level
- Promote and facilitate child rights and gender inclusion based on Early Childhood Development at the office and field level
- Ensuring all project team and relevant others, including counsellors and project stakeholders are aware and have access to child protection policy, contents and their responsibilities are placed on it.
- Writing of narrative project progress reports, as per agreed reporting schedule and requirement
- Develop and submit to Program Manager monthly, field progress and ad hoc reports in timely manner
- Document well project success stories/ case study/ best practices/ lesson learned and submit to Program Manager.
- Ensure and monitor down ward accountability to stakeholders especially children and communities including documenting what works for wider sharing across BRAC, government and donors
- Ensuring the project properties are well kept at CHILD HELPLINE center and office.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Early Childhood Development, Community Development Social Work or its equivalent and Social Work or its equivalent
- Three (3) years of experience on:
- On project management especially on call center, Early Childhood, or education
- On investigation, assessment, and the management of safeguarding for children and young people.
- On child Protection and the Child Protection Systems in the Country
- On delivering services to the community through call centers
- Well-developed skills and knowledge in relation to project management
- Well-developed skills and knowledge in relation to Early Childhood Development
- Well-developed skills and knowledge in relation to the investigation, assessment, and the management of safeguarding for children and young people.
- Providing effective supervision and management of staff and team development.
- Well-developed skills and knowledge in relation call center.
- Knowledge of Child Protection and the Child Protection Systems in the Country.
- An understanding of delivering services through volunteers.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your
CV and cover letter through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Project Manager, C-19 Response”.