Regional Youth Specialist – Tanzania Horticulture Activity
Longtime partner INGOs Lutheran World Relief (LWR) and IMA World Health (IMA) have founded Corus International to spearhead new collaborations and innovations across the global development, aid, public health, and private sectors that achieve transformational change and build self-reliance.
Lutheran World Relief is seeking multiple candidates for the position of Regional Youth Specialist for an upcoming USAID-funded horticulture opportunity in Tanzania. The five-year project will focus on increasing the commercialization, inclusiveness, and competitiveness of horticulture market systems in Tanzania.
Summary of the Position
The Regional Youth Specialists will lead technical assistance to implement youth-focused outreach project activities, including preparing youth for gainful employment and entrepreneurship and expanding access to critical information. The Specialists will promote youth networking and alliance building with farmer associations and private sector companies. This position will report directly to the Youth Inclusion Lead.
Regional Youth Specialists will be embedded in project regional offices within the regions of Morogoro, Iringa, Mbeya, Njombe, and Zanzibar.
Actual hiring is contingent upon successful contract award and USAID approval. Nationals of Tanzania are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide youth-focused technical input into annual regional work-planning.
- Provide day-to-day technical leadership to implement youth skill building training activities in horticulture to improve linkages to job opportunities and management of financial resources.
- Work closely with selected private business stakeholders and local government to develop their internal and external youth, livelihood, and gender programming capacities.
- Empower youth to establish and maintain strong working relationships with local youth-led organizations, local civil society organizations, private sector companies, and other value chain stakeholders.
- Empower youth and their communities to acquire the knowledge, skills, and resources to advocate for youth-friendly practices within the horticulture sector.
- Support youth in skills training (tailored to regional context) to implement and/or carry out income-generating activities (food, marketing of agricultural products, savings and credit activities, solutions/resilience to various shocks and stresses) in coordination with the technical team.
- Coordinate with the monitoring and evaluation team to develop and implement youth responsive M&E systems across project activities.
- Contribute to the project’s quarterly, biannual, and annual reports by highlighting successes, challenges, lessons learned and opportunities in youth programming within the project.
The position requires a competent and experienced person with the following attributes:
- Postgraduate degree in international development, agriculture, or relevant field with a minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in youth-led economic growth and livelihoods programming on donor-funded international projects (such as USAID, EU, FCDO, etc.)
- Competent in designing portable skills curricula and facilitation of capacity building workshops for community, private companies, and public sector engagement.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili in oral and written communication.
- Advanced skills in MS Packages, and experienced in monitoring, evaluation, and adaptive management.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of USAID Youth in Development Policy and Positive Youth Development frameworks preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in youth entrepreneur regional experience and experience in the Tanzanian country context strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel within the region or country as needed.
- Willingness to support Lutheran World Relief’s mission.
Interested candidates should include the following components in their application:
a) Latest curriculum vitae
b) Contact information of three references.
Complete applications containing elements a) through b) should be submitted as attachments to an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line should read: “Regional Youth Specialist”
Deadline for the submission is on November 16th, 2021, by 5 pm Tanzania time.