Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
POSITION TITLE: National HIV Viral Load Laboratory Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Head of Laboratory Services- MoH
National HIV Viral Load (HVL) Laboratory Coordinator is a self-motivated individual who will serve as the focal point for coordination of the HVL activities. Under the supervision of the Head of Laboratory Services, the National HVL Laboratory Coordinator will provide national coordination and technical support to ensure HIV viral load activity is operational in accordance to standards, guidelines and protocols set by the Ministry of Health. She/ he will focus on HIV viral load laboratory quality improvement using national and international laboratory standards and support all laboratory to the highest quality possible.
The National HVL Laboratory coordinator will work in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, National AIDS Control Program, Medical Stores Department (MSD), Implementing Partners and other stakeholders to ensure the goals and objectives of the Ministry are achieved. This position requires a person, who is capable of working independently, fully engaged, understands and is committed to implementing quality management system and monitor key performance indicators of the program and will require traveling up to 60% of the time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the MoH, PORALG, NACP, NHL-QATC, MSD and Implementing Partners to ensure provision of technical support to all HVL laboratories and clinics for enhancing the capacity and efficiency of
- Work closely with the MoH, PORALG, NACP, NHL-QATC, R/CHMTs and Implementing Partners to develop/review and update key HVL monitoring indicators, standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Provide technical advice for strengthening the national HIV viral load monitoring
- Provide technical assistance to HIV PCR laboratories including regular and systematic observation of HVL testing procedures and on-site supportive supervision and mentorship whenever
- Participate in national quantification of HIV viral load reagents and
- Monitor HIV viral load equipment and reagents status and provide weekly and monthly updates from HVL testing
- Support and ensures compliance to quality assurance standards based on national, ISO 15189 and other International standard requirements to all HIV PCR laboratories in the
- Assist in the coordinating delivery and participation of proficiency testing for EQA from NHL-QATC and external laboratories to in Country HIV viral load laboratory
- Conduct training/continue quality improvement program appropriately to address gaps identified during supportive
- Coordinate and participate in HVL and other relevant technical working group meetings with MoH, PORALG, NACP, NHL-QATC, IPs and other stakeholders and drive forward program
- Coordinate and participate in periodic meetings with stakeholders to discuss progress and priorities of HVL testing in the
- Work closely with Ministry of health & laboratory and clinical IPs, regional, council and hospital management teams (RHMT, CHMTs, and HMTs) and other laboratory stakeholders to improve laboratory
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Education Work experience and Skills:
- A degree in Medical Laboratory or Biomedical science and other related
- Postgraduate degree is an added
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in working with PEPFAR funded programs in Laboratory management position or in implementing ISO 150189, SLMTA standards especially in HIV care and treatment
- Conversant in Molecular techniques for diagnosis of infectious diseases such as
- Previous experience of working with the various stakeholders including R/CHMTs, Implementing Partners and other Government
- Familiar with Laboratory supply chain management and reagents
- Experience in organizing/coordinating high level meetings and trainings that involves different stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel and Power Point Presentation or any other statistical software for data
- Results oriented individual with ability to meet set target with competing
- Ability to work both as individual and as a team under minimum.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 20th March 2022.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.