JOB TITLE: Associate Administration CLOSING DATE: February 14th, 2022.
Associate Administration (Field Office) will act as the point of contact for all administrative work across all Field Offices. She/he will be based in Tanga field office and provide all administrative support and managing queries related to administration; his/her main duties includes providing administration support across all 3 programs and to the all field based employees; managing offices stock, managing offices settings; managing the relationships of the service providers across field office; providing support to collect and submit finance documents to the Field Operations Manager for review and then submission to the Administration Manager who will be based at the Country Office. She/he will be a key contact person for all logistics needs at the field office including planning and managing the distribution of all the materials into respective schools such as GINKI books, LLP books, GEP materials support, etc. She/he will be directly reporting to the Field Operations Manager with a strong reporting dotted line to the Country Administration Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing all required daily administration functions within the field office.
- Assist in soliciting service providers at the field level through receiving purchase requisition, collecting/ receiving all EOI
- Maintain trusting working relationship with service suppliers, visitors, and colleagues
- Perform receptionist duties, when necessary, answer, screen, and direct calls/message, greet, register, and direct guest/visitors, receive,
- Work with Field Operations Manager in coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to the organization.
- Organize and maintain office setting
- Support Field Office staff to deliver their transport request to Program Operations Director for approval.
- Provide general support to the office visitors
- Ensure timely collection of invoices and other documents from service providers and verify if in compliant then submit to the finance for payment process.
- Maintain Incoming and Outgoing invoice logbook.
- Ensure operational of the office work related requirements by conducting routines checks, identification of the non-functioning, preparing reports on repair needs for review by Field Operations Manager and for approval by Program Operations Director.
- Manage the field office warehouse including the field office stock and inventory management system including submitting the records to both the Field Operations Manager and the Country Administration Manager.
- Maintain reporting on all the books distributed delivery notes and submitting the same to the Field Operations Manager.
- Updating and maintaining office equipment inventory with support from Administration Officer/Manager
- Updating and maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, receiving goods/services, and verifying receipts of supplies.
- Assist Field Office team to book for meeting venues, arrangement for visitor’s lunch conferences and other required services within Field Office level.
- Work with POs to arrange for transport for book distribution, material support distribution and other activities which requires transport including site survey.
- Equipment allocation and Dispatch important documents.
- Land line and internet connection services and maintenance.
- IT complaint register-wise consultant communication and response to IT related problems
- Support all donors visit requirement
- Travel to support field related activities
- University degree in Administration, Procurement management or any other social science related degree.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-tasks and prioritizing work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Swahili and English
- Strong planning skills
- Proficient in Ms Office
- At least 2 years of experience in the office administration and support work in the field setting or in a related working environment.
Please visit our website at www.roomtoread.org and click on the “careers” link under about us tab. This will take you to Room to Read’s Career Portal. Click on the See Current Vacancies to find this vacancy, select the vacancy you are interested and click apply to begin the online application process. If you do not hear from Room to Read within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Please note that late applications will not be considered, and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds, Women are encouraged to apply. Room to Read is a child safe organization. CLOSING DATE: February 14th, 2022.
Location(s): Tanzania – Tanga
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled