Requisition ID 159160
Posted 10/03/2022 –
Location: Africa, Southern – Tanzania, United Republic of – Kibondo
TITLE: MONITORING ASSISTANT (M&E)
CONTRACT TYPE: FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT
GRADE LEVEL: G5
DUTY STATION: KIBONDO SUB OFFICE
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language.
The Monitoring Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office Kibondo.
To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the WFP assistance Programme at the camp level, in close collaboration with WFP and Cooperating Partner (CP).
- Ensure the CP Monthly Distribution Reports (MDRs) interred in COMET by 3rd of every month.
- Ensure CP narrative reports submitted to Country Office (CO) by 8th of every month.
- Do all preparation for conducting assessments i.e., Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM), Community Household Surveillance (CHS)) at field level in collaboration with CO colleagues.
- In collaboration with M&E CO colleagues, the staff member will support:
- vendor creation process, developing questionnaire
- Conduct training and supervise the data collection.
- Provide inputs on the reporting writing.
- Participating in the presentation of the findings.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED:
- Conduct training of partners on reporting and uses of COMET – In cases of new partner and or new staff on board, liaise with CO M&E
- Ensure Food Basket Monitoring (FBM) is conducted by partners as per agreed standards and Update FBM dashboard using Tableau
- Conduct training to FBM partner on a template with CO M&E, methodologies, and reporting.
- Lead the monthly physical inventory (P.I) to all WFP distribution sites to compare P. I’s closing balance and MDR’s.
- Ensure all reports from Exit Interviews, GFD help and inter agency help desks are received on time, analyzed, and reported to Head of Office and Program team for action.
- Oversee all distributions of food and Non-food items to ensure refugees are receiving their right entitlements.
- Assist Programme Associate to conduct Food Coordination and Camp meetings and in his absence, being a chairperson of some meeting like Programme unit and Food coordination.
- Assist in implementing of the plan of action, review achievements and constrains and provide feedback accordingly.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED II:
14. Support development and maintenance of M&E monitoring plan and M&E implementation plan at Sub Office.
15. Coordinate the review of monitoring tools at the Sub-Office.
16. Provide quality assurance to different monitoring inputs/reports before submission to CO or elsewhere.
17. Provide support on data entry/capture, and track activity/project data; specifically capture distribution data in COMET.
18. Perform any other duties as assigned by my supervisors.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Strategic Management||Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.|
|Performance Management||Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.|
|Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology||Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.|
|Data Analytics and Visualization||Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries
planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
|Programme Monitoring and Review||Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
• Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All applications should be submitted through e-recruitment portal.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 24 March 2022.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.