Application Deadline: 2021-12-10
Data Officer (Ref: C3HP/DTO/12-21)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV/TB LOC (C3HP) in Southern regions in Tanzania. This is a five year project (November 9, 2021 to September 30, 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children. The program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join the C3HP program as Data Officer.
Manage final data and reports in all thematic areas of the USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone Program that are Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Tuberculosis (TB), Family Planning (FP), Malaria and Maternal and Child Health (MCH). Responsible for ensuring data safety, privacy, cleaning, analysis, interpreting information including storing the information securely for future reference as well as supporting the management of the program database (ProDMIS).
- Support the development and implementation of electronic data collection and storage system for the program.
- Assist the Database Manager in configuration of the ProDMIS to support the program data collection and analysis including training of the regional staff.
- Plan and carry out data quality audits in collaboration with the Strategic Information (SI) team at headquarters.
- Assist the SI team at headquarters with preparing data for analysis and performing analysis of data as required.
- Work with the Database Manager to design new data collection tools (i.e. paper based, excel format and ProDMIS format).
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Managers to review the existing program’s data collection tools and templates.
- Obtain all reviewed and finalised data/ reports from MEL Managers and ensure they are stored in appropriate folders in the server.
- Collaborate with the Database Manager and MEL Managers to build the capacity of regional staff in electronic data management.
- Assist the SI Directorate at the headquarters in capacity building of the regional MEL staff to enable them to provide database support to the sub grantees.
- Support the SI Directorate at headquarters to review and package success stories/ abstracts.
- Assist MEL Managers in reviewing and compiling quarterly, semi-annual and annual data progress reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business, social studies or related fields
- A minimum of three year’s relevant working experience
- Proficiency in data management and statistical software
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good report writing skills
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to C3HP@deloitte.co.tz. For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 10th December 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.