- Play a leading role in setting the architecture and design for current /new emerging bank’s products and technological solutions.
- Ensure there is a clear system requirement (technical) for all products/solutions.
- Ensure sign-off of solution design or solution architect.
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications
- Provide accurate development effort estimates for solutions designed by vendors and internal development teams to assist project managers in project and resource planning.
- Conduct technical impact analysis of proposed application changes and new system design requests.
- Quality assurance that the work has been implemented by either external or internal developers is according to the technical design that was approved.
- Provide detailed system specification document, map business requirements to optimal systems requirements; produce detailed functional/configuration designs/specifications and data architecture to match solution design specifications
- Define application problems by discussing solutions with the IT team on evaluating procedures and processes.
- Ensure there are control solutions by establishing specifications; coordinating production with programmers/internal developers.
- Validate results by testing programs, Innovation lab and product owners’/solution owners.
- Provide reference by writing documentation of all implemented products/solutions.
- Prepare Scrum artifacts including; product backlog, spring backlog, and increments.
- Following the scrum methodology to ensure all digital initiatives are implemented in an agile manner and follow the framework pillars and values.
- Regular updating of the sprints documents to reflect latest status and present the same to the scrum team and management.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Coordinate efforts/ activities of all scrum team involved in each implementation
- Coordinate System Administration training and hand-over of the system to the first level support ICT Service desk and respective second level support ICT unit
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT), training and reconciliation process with the respective product owner / business unit, Innovation Lab, Customer Experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge in software development practices and methodologies including agile/scrum, DevOps etc.
- Deep knowledge in various technology stacks including programming languages, UI frameworks, databases (SQL, NoSQL, master data management etc.), deployment pipelines, containers, caches, Queueing and messaging platforms
- Advanced knowledge in enterprise integrations and associated patterns.
- Good knowledge on services and APIs overall lifecycle and management.
- Good knowledge on different architectural and design patterns applicable for complex and dynamic environments.
- Ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work.
- Ability to develop prototypes that can guide the development team.
- Ability to establish and manage structures, processes and standards
- Strong planning, organization and documentation skills
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to act as a project driver, facilitating the achievement of required tasks with no or very minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Business analysis skills particularly for finance/banking industry
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science or relevant field
- TOGAF or ArchiMate certification is an added advantage
- Professional Scrum/Agile or project management certification is an added advantage
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in designing and building software solutions/enterprise architecture/system analyst/scrum master
- Experience in IT projects or System Analyst in finance/banking industry will be an added advantage
- Experience in leading teams as a technical lead/architect/scrum master in at least 5 projects of varying complexity and size.
Job opening date : 28-Feb-2022
Job closing date : 14-Mar-2022