Job Title: Category Buyer
Company: Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
Location: Morogoro, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 2023-10-18
The success candidate will actively manage and drive effective local procurement and continuous optimization to support the strategy of increased contract buying.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day buying / related planning using new system
- Manage and execute buying process for off-contract transactions
- Respond to and implement findings from analytical data and reports to drive efficiencies and identify opportunities for optimization of contract buying or improved inventory management
- Understand and know the MID catalogue to ensure compliance to this as far as possible
- Ensure buying process is procedurally compliant and documentation for audit and SHERQ purposes are available
- Lead and manage supplier performance management for non-contracted vendors (collaboration between contract management, buyers and expeditors)
- Build a network/database of reliable suppliers based on specific business needs.
- Communicate with line managers and suppliers to ensure Procurement expectations are being met
- Work with line managers to gather performance data to manage the quality of service with established vendors
- Provide support and coaching to end-users where required
Job Qualification And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/ Supply Chain Management/ Procurement/ Logistics Management or equivalent
- 3 years experience in Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain Management
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Procurement processes and supply chain management.
- Ability to engage/manage/partner with stakeholders.
Terms of Service: The successful candidate will be engaged on a Permanent contract.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please apply for the position on or before 18th October 2023.